Sunday 20 October 2013

Clown Diaper Cake

So I finally got around to finishing the diaper cake for which I made the clown topper a few weeks ago.  I made it for a baby shower we hosted for a co-worker.
I folded a blankie to make one long strip and then pinned it in a circle to form the bottom tier of the cake.  I then commenced with the task of individually rolling up an entire box of new born diapers to arrange inside the circle. 

I used the print and cut feature on my Cameo to make the scalloped stip.   The digital paper is the same as what I used for the clown - Big Top Birthday by Samantha Walker.

I did the same thing for the smaller top tier and then glued the clown on top with my hot gun.  Originally, that was all I had planned and it did look nice - but after I was done, I thought it looked a bit bland and definitely needed something else... 

So  I went to SVGCuts to see what I could find - and there I found the cutest little collection of animals in a great little collection called Wild Child.  I just knew these guys would be perfect for my cake...  
After I cut them out, I ran a couple of pieces through my Big Shot for texture and then added little googly eyes to finish them off...
I just LOVE googly eyes - I think it really gives the little guys a bit of life...
The baby shower was a lot of fun and I'm pleased to say that the mommy-to-be was so very happy with the diaper cake too.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you - please leave a comment below.