Saturday 14 September 2013

Everyday Thank You

Today I'm sharing a quick thank you card I made from the Everyday Cards kit from SVGCuts.

I looked through my stash of paper and just couldn't find what I was looking for.  So I decided to use digital paper and do the whole thing in print and cut. The digital paper is from My Time Made Easy - BFF Valentine.


I love doing cards with print and cut as you can play around with all the different patterns in the Silhouette Studio DE software and lay out the card with all the elements to get an idea of what it will look like once assembled.



Once I was happy with the final look, I moved all of the elements around the cutting mat (ensuring they didn't overlap) and then set my cut lines.

 
That done, I was ready to send my project to the printer and cut all the pieces out in one go with my Silhouette Cameo.
 
Once the card was assembled, I added a few buttons and some red string to finish it off nicely. 
 
In hindsight, I should have taken a few minutes to ink the edges of the flowers to cover the white background.  I usually do - but I was in such a hurry that I totally forgot and only realised after I had glued everything down.  That said, it was supposed to be a quick card...
 

The best part about this project is that I was able to cut the card and all the elements out of one sheet of white cardstock!

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you - please leave a comment below.