Saturday 28 September 2013

Happy Birthday Sailor Boy

Today I'm sharing a card I made for the weekly challenge on the KaDoodle Bug Designs Facebook page


The challenge was to make a birthday card using files from KaDoodle Bug deisgns, so I decided to use the Goodship Lollipop Kids file along with the Americana digital paper collection from Carina Gardner. 

I put all the pieces of the sailing boat together on my mat and then made a shadow around the whole thing.  I made a duplicate of the outline, flipped it horizontally and then welded the two pieces together to make the base of my card.  All the elements (including the little boy) were done with the print and cut feature on my Cameo - although I had to trace the little boy first to make him into a file I could cut with my machine.

I added some embroidery thread for the ropes and hand knitted a piece for the "anchor chain".  Finally, I hand cut the flag and stamped the happy birthday with Stazon ink before I adhered it to the card.
Such a fun little card to make...



Thanks for stopping by!

 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you - please leave a comment below.