Saturday 20 July 2013

Doll House Mansion

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a birthday gift I made for my friend's 10 year old daughter a couple of weeks ago. 
The file is from SVGCuts Maple Manor kit.  The kit has a Halloween theme however, as with all SVGCuts files, it can easily be transformed to suit any theme, occasion or season with different types of papers and embellishments.   
I chose patterned papers from the Kaisercraft Magic Happens collection and used AC cardstock for the solid colours.  To add some texture, I used a brick embossing folder, inked the raised edges with Kaisercraft Aubergine ink and then ran it through my BigShot.  With this technique, I was able to get colour on the "grout" only, which makes the embossed "bricks" stand out more.   

At the back of the house there is a flap that opens and the top tower also comes off so it was easy to add few LED tealights.  That said, I had to cut through the front door as I wanted it to open as well.  The picture on the right below is of the birthday girl (Keyra) and the doll house with the lights on - it really looks like someone's home doesn't it...? 
I also made a coordinating birthday card out of the same paper collection.   The card file is from the Summer Street Carnival kit.   
Thanks for stopping by!
 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you - please leave a comment below.