Saturday 13 December 2014

Personalised Christmas Coffee Mugs

Hi everyone,

Today I'm sharing something a little different...  I've been super busy with Christmas gifts over the past few weeks and thought I would share some of my latest creations with vinyl.

These mugs make super cute gifts - they're great as is, or you could fill them with treats and simply wrap them in clear cellophane.  Not only does this make for great presentation, but it will also save you from trying to gift wrap an awkward mug, lol.

For the first set of mugs, I used three different fonts (the one on top is the ever popular Samantha font) and sized the words until it looked about right.  I then created an internal offset for the word "Christmas" and moved it aside.  Once I was happy with the word placement, I welded them all together to create one cut file in pink.  I did the same for all the names and then cut 4 of the offset pieces out of white vinyl.  I love the layered look and it also breaks the pink a bit too.

The next set is for our local girl scouts so I wanted them to be a bit more fun and festive.  I stuck to traditional Christmas colours and used the Adore font (LOVE it) for the names.  The dots were drawn using basic shapes in my software. So simple and yet so effective don't you think?
Finally I added some cute candy canes to each mug.  The santa was a freebie file from Miss Kate Cuttables and I simply did a print and cut and then added a touch of glitter before adhering these cuties to some candy canes. 

These were heaps of fun to make!  Probably a good thing as I still have to do a whole bunch more, lol!
  
Thanks for stopping by!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you - please leave a comment below.